Soul Survivor Durban 2017
Soul Survivor Durban 2017
*BOOKINGS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT*
Mike will be heading to South Africa and he wants to take a team with him! The heart behind his trip is to love and serve the churches and communities of Durban, especially those working in areas where there is great poverty, pain and injustice.
We'll be staying in accommodation on the beach front and there will be seven days where we are working on projects and serving the local communities. There will also be two days off to explore Durban further; on one of these days we'll visit a game drive together, and the other will be optional – anything from visiting shops, watching some rugby or going for a walk!
We're so excited for this trip and how God is going to use us and transform our hearts as we serve him and the communities we visit. We'll make time for worship, teaching and ministry as well and will have a lot of fun together
The package cost is £650, which is due to Soul Survivor in instalments to be paid by deadlines. This package cost includes accommodation, breakfast, lunches on project days, mission costs, in-country travel and the game drive visit.
£150 deposit paid upon booking
£250 first instalment – due on or before 31st October 2016
£250 second instalment – due on or before 31st January 2017
The cost of flights, travel insurance, jabs, any activities for the second day-off, lunches on non-project days, dinners and any other costs are not included here, and you will need to meet these costs separately. The reason we have not included dinners in the booking cost is we have found from previous trips that it's better to have the freedom to choose what you'd like to eat on which days (you'll probably need to budget around £100 in total for these evening meals.)
Terms and Conditions
Soul Survivor Booking Terms & Conditions
You are about to sign up for a Soul Survivor event!
By signing up for an event you are also agreeing to the following terms and conditions. We've tried to make them as easy to understand as possible but if you have any questions or concerns please call 0303 333 1333 or email email@example.com for support.
1. Under 18s
This event is open to those who are 16 and over but all under 18s must book with a responsible leader who is over 18. For every group of three under 18s, one over 18 must be named. These group leaders are therefore responsible for the delegates under their care at ALL times and must ensure their welfare during the event. They will be required to provide a contact number for the duration of the event.
2. Payment deadlines
Soul Survivor Durban can be paid for in one full payment or in 3 payment installments. You must pay the relevant amounts before each payment deadline. If you have any issues with this then you must discuss it with a Soul Survivor staff member directly.
If you wish to cancel your booking you may do so at any time, but you must contact Soul Survivor by email to notify us if you would like a refund as this will not be issued automatically. Please note that the £150 deposit is NON REFUNDABLE.
After the cancellation deadline Soul Survivor is unable to refund fees in the event of cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances. We recommend you take out holiday insurance.
If you are unsure about when the refund deadline is for your event, please contact us for the information. Even if you were not aware of the refund deadline, we may not give a refund after that date.
4. Event rules
The event rules for Soul Survivor Durban will be emailed to you after you make your booking. The Soul Survivor team are there to enforce these rules and may ask you to change your behaviour, especially if they think there is a risk to other people.
If you do not comply with the event rules, you may be suspended from group activities andin extreme cases asked to leave the country at your own cost.
For any Soul Survivor event, your booking may be cancelled or you may be asked to leave the event at any time at our discretion.
5. Being on team
In order to be accepted onto this trip you will be classed as a team member and therefore we will require extra information about you. You will be emailed all the relevant forms upon making your booking. It is compulsorary for you to complete these forms in order to attend the event.
There will be subsequent steps to your application which includes a reference from your church leader so please ensure that you give accurate and up to date information in the reference section about the leader of your church.
6. Photography and media
By attending a Soul Survivor event you agree that your image may be captured and used by Soul Survivor. This may be in photographs or other digital media and may be used for promotional materials or other information which we produce.
You can opt out of this by speaking to the photographer or asking us to remove your image by contacting the Soul Survivor media team during the event or after it. You can ask any Soul Survivor team member for information on how to do this.
Soul Survivor is committed to giving delegates freedom in what they choose to listen to and be influenced by. We will not tolerate proselytising at our events.
Soul Survivor understands proselytising to be:
- Manipulative attitudes and practices that exploit people's needs, weaknesses or lack of education especially in situations of distress.
- Comparing two communities by unevenly emphasising the achievements and ideals of one against the weaknesses and practical problems of the other.
- Making unjust or uncharitable references to beliefs and practices and even ridiculing them.
- Employing any kind of physical violence, moral compulsion and psychological pressure.
- Using political, social or economic power as a means of winning new members for a religion.
- Extending explicit or implicit offers of material inducements, education or health care or using financial resources with the intention of making converts.
8. Unsubscribe or close your account
You can close your online account, have your information removed from our system, or unsubscribe from any mailing or information we send you, at any time.
To do this please call 0303 333 1333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a request. We will aim to act on your request within one working day.
9. How we use your data
By 'data' we mean any information about yourself or others that you enter into our online booking system. Soul Survivor is required to store some data so we will store information about your booking after the event.
We will use your information in the following ways:
- To support you while you make your booking and help you to make any changes (e.g. request a refund, change your password)
- To send you important notices about your bookings (e.g. arrival information)
- To make sure your account is up to date.
- Where you have signed up to receive information about promotions and offers, to make sure you continue to receive these.
We will not pass on your details to any third parties. This means only Soul Survivor can see and use the contact information that we store. We will not send you marketing or advertising material unless you specifically ask for them but we will send you important information about any event you book into.
Soul Survivor endeavours to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, and the 8 principles of data protection which are that information must be:
- Processed fairly and securely
- Processed for only one or more specified and lawful purpose
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for these purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date. Our delegates have the right to have any inaccurate data destroyed if the personal information is inaccurate to any matter of fact
- Not kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes it is being processed
- Processed within the rights of the individuals - this includes the right to be informed of all the information help about them, to prevent processing of their personal information for marketing purposes, and to compensation if they can prove they have been damaged by a data controller's non-compliance with the act
- Secured against accidental loss, destruction or damage and against unauthorised or unlawful processing.
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area that does not have adequate protection for individual's personal information.
10. Soul Survivor's liability
We put as much information as we can on our website for guidance but we can't guarantee that the information is always accurate or up to date. The web site and anything we describe on it may change without notice, including events which you book into. We will not be liable for any damage or loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of using our website.
We do not guarantee that the web site will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may be using to access the site. We will not be liable for damage (e.g. computer viruses) to your computer or other property as the result of your use of this website.
The web site, its design, layout, look, appearance and graphics is our property. Because of copyright you may only download, print, or copy any part of the website for personal use.
11. Website problems
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to soulsurvivor.com, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
12. Changes to these terms
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time to keep you up to date with our policies. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly. By continuing to use the site, you agree to any changes made to the terms and conditions.